Thursday, August 7, 2008

Haynesville Shale & T Boone Pickens

T Boone Pickens Plan – Will it work?
Last night I saw a commercial for the Pickens Plan (www.pickensplan.com). If you have not checked his plan out, make sure you do. The last time we saw a Texan putting on a personal campaign of such magnitude was Ross Perot. Pickens plans on spending $58 million promoting the use of wind power and increased use of natural gas. Perot spent around $64 million dollars on his 1992 campaign.

Remember the last Texan to mount such a PR capaign?

Some have questioned his motives. www.pegasusnews.com/news/2008/aug/07/t-boone-pickens-energy-plan-may-be-self-serving-sc. I will hold off. If his plan does free us from foriegn oil dependence, he deserves all the riches that come his way. That is how these things work...you come up with a good idea, you should be rewarded for your brillance. If it fails, well, that is a different story.

Well, Pickens piqued my curiosity so I went to website to check it out. His plan is intriguing. I know his plan would mean good things for the natural gas industry, but can it work? Well, after my thorough research, I have determined that I don't know. Perhaps some of you out there have the answers. For me, the better question, "is it worth a try?" It certainly sounds better than the ethanol route the government has so heavily invested in. Any thoughts?

No comments: